Sunday, October 26, 2014

Favorite Thing of the Week! (10.18.14 - 10.25.14)

Two For Grace: What was your favorite thing on the TV this week?

Noop: I have yet to watch the full slate for the past few days but its turning out to be a tough choice this week. There was a stellar Key and Peele skit about a massage, Jensen Ackles in Supernatural's third episode was zoned in, and Flash had the line "It's been a while since I watched you sleep" delivered in possibly the only context where it's not creepy. 

Constantine also premiered and as I had hoped, it was visually like the movie but without Keanu. (We'll discuss the sames and unsames of the two in an upcoming post. Let's let the show get some more eps in.)

Out of all of those Ill anoint the look-both-ways-slam-dunk of a line from the Flash as my favorite thing of the week. 

TFG: It was a fine week. Flash is certainly turning out to be a good choice for favorite things. I love/hate this previous episode's wonderful portrayal of Dr. Snow's (Danielle Panabaker) tragic backstory with added relationship development between her and Barry. Love because it was so well done, hate because I realized how much I don't care for the show's actual love interest, Iris West.

(Noop: Barry should man up and realize that Iris is basically his sister. You can't call her dad your dad, Barry! Also, like the rest of the world, I've been in love with Danielle Panabaker since Sky High.)

TFG: But my favee thing from this past week was from Doctor Who- Flatline (not the episode that just aired due to late bloggeria). I just want to highlight a character who defeated the Doctor's classic psychic paper (blank paper that portrays what the viewer thinks they should be seeing) by simply being not creative enough. That's right, the Doctor experienced a slight defeat because someone was literally too boring. Oh that episode also featured the doctor sticking his regular sized hand out of a miniature TARDIS, causing Adams Family cousin Thing hilarity.

Noop: I'm only all Capaldi episodes behind in Doctor Who. So much shame I'm bringing unto my family that doesn't realize all the shame they've been untooed. 

TFG: Good stuff. To close this week: list some other contexts you might hear the line "It's been a while since I watched you sleep", good or bad.

Noop: Good - Telling it to your insomniac family member whose bed is in the living room.

Bad - Telling it to literally any nonrelative. For example, a librarian saying it to an avid but often tired homeless man who may have not come by the library in a while. Actually that might be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment