Friday, October 24, 2014

Movie Trailers Getting Us Excited



Two For Grace: Just a well done trailer. Any thoughts, ya big pile of Noop? Anything coming out you are excited for by trailer alone?

Noop: Outstanding trailer, that is, and it has just the right amount of Josh Brolin for a movie that doesn't have Josh Brolin. Everything being said about that movie makes it more and more enticing. And everyone knows putting slowed down Gnarls Barkley on a video really accentuates the funk. Lord knows I like some funk.

Recently I've been trying to watch trailers as little as possible to keep the scenes fresh upon full viewing but some are so out of this world that you can't help but watch it 50 times. For me that happened with both The Interview and Kingsman: The Secret Service. The redband for The Interview is worth a watch, too.



TFG: This is the first I've seen or heard of Kingsman. With a trailer like that I can't not see it. 

Noop: While we're talking trailers, I'd like to refer back to my recent praise of Marvel trailers and how they purposefully mislead you. I hope these follow that practice. 

TFG: "They call themselves "Guardians of the Galaxy..." but really they don't, nor are they officially any sort of team(until the very end of the movie). Or how 'bout the life and death of Helicarrier 42?


Noop: Preceisely. Although, there was that small quinnjet (or whatever they are called) that had number 42 on it. Either way, I'm hoping its all one big call back to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. And for good measure let's include the teaser from that movie too. 


TFG: I had never heard of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before seeing that trailer. What an awesome introduction. I went out and bought the book series soon after seeing that trailer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment